Wow have things gotten crazy. I am going to Sudan on June 15 for ten days. Yei, Sudan to be exact. It's pronounced like you're excited. Yeah, I'm going to yay sudan. good times.
Anyway I am SOOO blessed to have one of the girls in my small group to be going with me. (her name is Megan. Teaching major and TWU and my accountability partner.) I have a team of 7 other people coming with me including the Dallas campus missions pastor, Justin Gladney. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Village Church we have 3 campuses Dallas, Denton, and mine, Flower Mound. Matt Chandler teaches at the Flower Mound campus and is video streamed to the other campuses.
I am going to be working with the Bishop in Yei, Sudan. He has built and now runs 3 orphanages in Yei. We will be visiting 2 for some VERY intensive teaching. When I say intensive, I mean it! We will be teaching around 6 different ages of children. In America they would be considered as grades (1st-12th). Each day we will have about 7 lessons to teach the children but we only have 3-4 hours to do it. Our lessons are all about God. There are 100 children that live in the orphanage and about 200 more that come for school each day where they are taught in English for knowledge and Jesus. The Bishop's goal is that when these children move back to where they are from they will bring the Gospel with them.
Most of these children are orphaned from the civil unrest that has been around this part of Africa for many years. They are taught and cared for by women that have been widowed by the wars also. Our other goal is to pour into these widows with encouragement and love. We will be serving them in anyway we can, including physical labor.
Obviously, this trip will need a ton of prayer support. Not only is it my first time to be over seas but I will also be in a very dangerous part of the world. I've never flown more than 12 hours (This trip is 24!!!) and I have to get shots (I have a phobia of needles). And not to mention all of this without my Mommy......... I'm 20 no big deal...... Anyway, this trip will be very big for me and I need prayer that I will keep my focus on God, not on how I feel or what I want. Also prayer for the children and widows being open to encouraging them in knowing the Gospel. Prayer for safe travel. Basically if you can think of it, I need prayer. I know I cannot do this with God.
However, I also need monitary support. This trip will cost me $3,400 (Thanks gas for going through the roof so my air plane ticket is more.....) If you feel led to support me in this you can mail a check made out to The Village Church. Please be sure to put 'for the missionary work of Lauren Boudreaux Sudan III' in the memo line or the money will just go to the church's basic budget. You can mail it to:
The Village Church
2101 Justin RD
Flower Mound, TX 75028
If you would like to buy a painting to support me I have pictures on my facebook of some my Dad and I have done with a suggested price. You can also text or call me for more info at 972-809-0425 or email me at laurenboudreaux449@yahoo.com (warning: I only check this like 3 times a week!).
Here is the exact place I will be staying. I'm staying in the grass roof huts! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_L0Wrrn4mo
Thank you for your support. I am very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment