Well here it is.... again the trend of blogging. The last time I had one was back when Xanga was the cool thing. And for those of you who are asking what that was, it was BEFORE myspace... yup I'm getting that old. Anyway I didn't know how to do it then either and not too much has changed. All I blogged about was what went on that day. And I was so sure EVERYONE would want to read it. But I wanted this one to be a place that people can be encouraged by God's work in my life. That means that I won't be blogging too much (its ok to be a litle excited, I was) but I will be excited and passionate when I do. Besides that talking about God is WAY more fun than reading the Iliad.
So I guess we'll start off with a few of my new discoveries, not to say they are new to mankind, nor to you as a person but maybe it will make you excited again for God's work. I'm doing a study by Beth Moore (I HIGHLY encourage all ladies to find a Beth Moore study) over Daniel. Wow! What a pure blessing and delight she is to me! Today we were looking at Daniel 7. For those not familiar with Daniel 7 it is Daniel having a dream about a beast and the interpretation of the dream. We were looking into the "little horn" on the beast who was arrogant and crushed all in his path. We concluded that the "little horn" is the antichrist. She ends this day's studies by saying "Remember, Satan doesn't know when Christ's kingdom will come. He is left to read the signs of the times and coninciding Bible prophecies just as we are. I believe Satan has to have potential candidates ready in every generation so that when the time comes, he can inhabit his prime choice." Wow. I don't know why I've never thought about that. Satan doesn't have any kind of advantage over us. He doesn't know when Christ is coming back. Just like us. I'm not sure why I thought he might since we are God's children and beloved we should know first. I think it truely shows how amazing and powerful our God is. Sometimes we might feel like Satan has more power than us that we simply cannot do what God has asked of us because Satan has too tight of a grip on us but I believe that we give Satan that control. If we give everything to God we would obviously have more power than the beast. This makes me think of the things I've put off because I don't feel strong enough to follow God. Obviously I haven't been trying everything I could.
What are you letting Satan hold you up against? How can you let God have it?
No comments:
Post a Comment